icebox_0.1.2.exe stopped working

I downloaded the new version of Icebox client. However, when I try to run it, it appears the main window and says it's waiting response from server, and then the dreaded "icebox_0.1.2.exe stopped working" appears.

I tried re-downloading it, running it with and without admin privileges. I'm running Windows 7 x64.

hmmm. i'm running win7pro64 myself. i haven't seen any freeezes.

icebox does embed internet explorer to run the ad in the top right. what version is your IE?

please make sure it's at least IE 11.0 (mine is 11.0.9600)

I have IE 11.0.9600.17280.

One question... The changelog says that "icebox addon automatically removed as the icebox application starts up". But I don't have that addon as I haven't used the application before. Maybe the app has encountered a NPE while trying to delete a file that never existed in the first place?

it checks for the existence of the folder and deletes it if found. don't think that's it.

do you have anything else running when you start icebox?

Besides background processes, usually Firefox (where I'm posting this atm) and the Battle.net client.

I don't know... If only I could post an error log for you to see what's happening...

One more question... Which runtimes does Icebox use?

same here. wouldnt be a problem, but when i minimize icebox the frame with "waiting for server response" is still visible

same here. wouldnt be a problem, but when i minimize icebox the frame with "waiting for server response" is still visible

lol. i never tried that one. i'll put it on the list. thx

My icebox hasn't worked...seems like it quit working after I upgraded my OS to win8.1, from win8. I mean....it technically worked but I was having abit of an issue with it then too =/